Drive Your Faith
Now that you have received the free gift of salvation through the acceptance of Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior you may be asking yourself, “What’s next?”
Your declaration and profession of faith opens the door for a relationship between you and God. God loves us so much, he desires to have a personal relationship with every one of us. It is his desire that we will come to know him and trust him so much that we will freely surrender our lives to him and willingly follow the plans he set in place for our lives before we were born.
How do I do this?
We must put forth every effort to pursue God, and take hold of every opportunity to get to know him. Think of it like driving a car. Before we can legally drive a car we must read a driver’s manual which teaches us all the rules and regulations we need to know in order to drive on the streets of the state we live in. Then we must get to know the car, where the brake is, the accelerator, the parking brake, the turn signals, headlights, how to shift gears if you are driving a manual or change gears using the gear shaft if you are driving an automatic. Next we must be tested and when we pass we are now ready to apply all that we have learned and start driving. Eventually, after doing it over and over again driving becomes second nature to us, a no brainer. All fear of driving subsides and we do it without even thinking about it.
This Is the same kind of relationship God wants to have with us. He wants living for him to become our nature, to become what we do.
After our declaration and profession of faith next we just DRIVE.
Deliverance from sin
- Allow Jesus Christ to be your Lord and Savior
- Surrender your life to Christ
- TRUST God to change your old way of living by teaching you his ways, a new and prosperous way to live
- Jesus opened the door for a relationship with God when he died on the Cross and was resurrected from death
- Now build your restored relationship by learning who God and Jesus Christ is through your daily study and meditation of the Word- the BIBLE
- The Bible teaches us about God, his ways, what he requires of us, and how to be in relationship with him - it helps us to come to know him
Inspired renewed life
- Find a local church to surround yourself around others who believe what you believe
- Find an organization that will offer resources to help you reestablish yourself in the community. Resources such as:
- a food pantry
- a close closet
- Christian counselor
- Drug and Alcohol Recovery Program
Victory over the enemy
- Now that you know God’s word, apply it to your life.
- Live out God’s word in your life daily
- Pray daily
- Surround yourself with resources that teach about Christ such as Sunday school, worship service, bible study, and christian classes at a local church
Encourage strength in the Lord
- Find a christian support group
- A men’s or women’s ministry